The Story is About   +  vampire

Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Maire Moning

MacKayla, simply known as Mac has just received the shock of her life. Well, the initial shock of her life to be followed by many others. She just found out that her sister has been murdered. A mysterious cell phone message and the failure of the police to find the murderer, is all the incentive Mac needs to take the investigation into her own hands. So she drains her life savings and buys a one way ticket to Ireland. Once there she discovers a world she didn’t know existed. An extraordinary world of the Fae, and she happens to be a sidhe-seer , one who can see the Fae. In pursuit of her sisters killer her only clue is a book called the sinsar dubh (Dark Fae book, whoever has it rules the world, you know the plot line). She is inquiring about the book, when she is intercepted by the mysterious Jericho Barrons. He may be her only allie, but even she isn’t sure. It seems like around every corner the dark Unseelie Fae are finding their unsuspecting victims, Mac only hopes she won’t be next. Her only desire is to find her sisters killer, but will the pursuit of the Sinsar Dubh be more than she can handle?

First off, I think I should mention that this isn’t a YA book, since that is the majority of what I review. I’ve had several people ask me if I had read it and it sounded interesting enough so I thought I would give it a try. I ended up really liking it and I can’t wait to read the next book Bloodfever. I’ve saw this book at B&N in the fantasy section, but my library had it classified under romance?? I’m not really sure why, because there isn’t really any romance in it, but it is a kick butt fantasy book. Do be warned that there are sexual "references" in the book though. I hadn’t read anything by Moning, but I enjoyed her writing style. I do recommend this book, but only to older/mature fantasy fans.