The Story is About   +  young adult

Stealing Heaven

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott

Release Date: May 27, 2008
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers, HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult, 12 and up
Pages: 320

Danielle only knows one way to live. She’s never been to school, she’s never had a legitimate job, no friends, and no boyfriend. What she does have is her mother, and what they do, is criminal. They steal. Basically they move from town to town, targeting the houses that contain their drug of choice, silver. Her mother does it, her father did it. It’s the only thing she knows how to do, but is what she wants to do.

Their next hit is a small sleepy beach town called, Heaven. Everything is going as planned they have the house in sights and they are gathering intel. They’ll breeze in and out and no one will notice or miss them. That is until Dani meets Allison and is tempted with the taste of friendship. But Allison isn’t the only one who has Dani questioning her ways, there is Greg, the cop that makes her heart flutter! Will Dani be able to turn her back on the only life she’s ever known for a life she has only dreamed about?

This is my second time reading Elizabeth Scott, and she keeps getting better! I loved this story. I was completely captivated by the plot and the characters. Dani’s situation was so compelling, I can’t imagine what it would be like to be in that situation, even if my parents did something wrong I can only imagine I would want to protect them. The conflict of this story was unbelievable that alone instantly made me want to pick up this book. And I’m so glad I did! I loved Dani and Greg’s characters. They were both dealing with the effects that their parents had on their lives. Although their stories couldn’t be farther apart. If you want a quick yet mesmerizing novel, I highly suggest Stealing Heaven! Elizabeth Scott is a wonderful writer and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future!