The Story is About   +  young adult

Gossip Girl: The Carlyles

Gossip Girl: The Carlyles by Cecily von Ziegesar

Release Date: May 2008
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Poppy
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 243

Meet the Carlyles, a new trio to hit the Gossip Girl Scene! Owen, Avery and Baby! Get ready for the triple threat!

Owen, the testosterone of the three, is very hot and a swimmer (I like him already)! Envied in Nantucket by his player persona, he only has eyes for one girl. The girl of his dreams.

Avery. Poor Avery all this girl wants is to fit in! Is that too much to ask?! Her scheme of perfect attempts leaves her no better off than before, it isn’t until she really lets loose and things get a little crazy, that things start going her way.

Baby can’t wait to get kicked out of her snobby private school and have her mother send her back to Nantucket into the waiting arms of her stoner bf. She doesn’t find anything in New York worth sticking around for, that is until she meets J.P. Although he is as preppy as they come, he makes even her hippie heart skip a beat.

You know what I think about drama. So what was I thinking, picking up a book called Gossip Girl! Broadening my reading horizons! And guess what! I didn’t hate it! I dare to say that I even enjoyed it! I really liked getting to know the characters and getting to know their roles in the plot. Yes, I hated Jack, I mean who wouldn’t the girl is a biatch! Baby, Owen and J.P. are my favorites! I guess I must do okay with drama in small doses. I do have to say that I am a Gossip Girl virgin, I haven’t read any of the first series, so my review is a little bias due to that. So, if you were a big fan of the first series, I can’t tell you how this one will compare. All I know is, I will definitely be reading the next book You Just Can’t Get Enough coming out in October! I know, I don’t know what has come over me, it must be the sizzling weather!

You know you love me,
The Story