The Story is About   +  young adult

Pillage

Pillage by Obert Skye

Release Date: July 2008
Publisher: Shadow Mountain Publishing
Age Group: Middle Grade/Young Adult
Pages: 320

Summary from Amazon.com:

When fifteen-year-old Beck Phillips travels by train to the secluded village of Kingsplot to live with his wealthy but estranged uncle, Beck discovers some dark family secrets. A buried basement, a forbidden wall, an old book of family history with odd references to... dragons? Beck's life is about to be changed forever in this suspenseful tale about the destructive nature of greed and the courage to make things right.

Review:

This was a wonderfully written and captivating fantasy novel! This was my first experience with Obert Skye, and from this experience I plan on reading his future novels. The plot of the story is very fascinating and there are many surprises contained within! There were a few I figured out but the one that got me was staring me right in the face throughout the entire novel and I still didn’t get it, until "that" moment! I love books that do that! I also enjoyed the excerpts from The Grim Knot, which is the book that Beck finds on the history of his family. There is an excerpt before each chapter detailing a history of the family. Beck is a funny, sarcastic and likable male protagonist. I recommend this book to fantasy fans young and old! The novel also couldn’t have been given a better title!

pillage >verb rob or steal with violence