The Story is About   +  young adult

The Debs

The Debs by Susan McBride

Release Date: August 26, 2008
Publisher: Random House, Delacorte Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256

Summary:

Laura Bell, Michelle “Mac” Mackenzie and Ginger Fore have a lot to look forward to! These best friends will be starting their senior year and eagerly awaiting their invitations to Glass Slipper Club! Then they can officially start their debutante season as Rosebuds!

There is a prestigious selection process to become a Rosebud, and these girls need to behave like a debutante would. Unfortunately, Jo-Lynn Bidwill, the evil queen, is waiting on her invitation as well. Her mother happens to be the head of the selection committee, so you can almost guarantee Jo-Lynn’s name will be on the list. Jo-Lynn would love nothing more than to see Laura Bell out of contention for good, and she may just have her way.

What an enticing beginning to what I’m sure will be a fabulous series!! The Debs certainly left me craving more! I can’t wait to see what happens to these three girls! And I really hope Jo-Lynn gets what is coming to her. This was a fast read for me, but I think it definitely had to do with the fact that I was engulfed with the story! The chapters sort of alternate among the four girls, so you get a peek at each one’s life. That made the story so much more enjoyable for me. If you are looking for a fun read this summer, look no further than The Debs! I know I will be anxiously awaiting the release of the next book in the series Love, Lies and Texas Dips, coming June 2009! I seriously don’t think I can wait that long!