The Story is About   +  young adult

Revelations: A Blue Bloods Novel

Revelations: A Blue Bloods Novel by Melissa de la Cruz

Release Date: October 28, 2008
Publisher: Hyperion
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 264
Other Titles in Series: Blue Bloods & Masquerade

"Schuyler Van Alen’s blood legacy has just been called into question: is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.

When an ancient place of power is threatened in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high, the battle bloody; and through it all Schuyler is torn between duty and passion, love and freedom.”

This series is one of my very favorites. I do not recommend reading this series out of order! There are key plot points you will be missing if you do. I have to say that although I immensely enjoyed this novel, I wish it had been longer. De la Cruz packed so much into the measly 264 pages, it was almost overwhelming.

I don’t want to give anything away, so I’ll just say that there are more twists in this novel than one of those soft pretzels... mmm with salt and gooey cheese. I barely had time to recover from the shock from one twist before another was thrown in my face. While that kept the novel moving right along, it also left a sour taste in my mouth.

But don’t get me wrong, I gobbled this book right up, it was great! I just think it could have been so much more! Thank goodness de la Cruz’s signature writing style is still intact! I love her story telling ability. I get so engrossed in her writing that I don’t realize the pages are flying by.

The new insight into the characters was interesting to say the least. Jack sort of freaks me out now. You just never know if he wants to um... do you or kill you. Freaky! And Ollie, I thought he was so innocent and sweet always in love with his best friend even though she was oblivious to the idea... his confession totally changed my perspective on him. I’m not even going to comment on Bliss. Just wait.

There are so many unanswered questions in this novel. I’m dying to see what happens next.