The Story is About   +  TIME

Update: Personal

I haven’t been online for a few days and I’m going to be scarce here for the next couple days. I’m not into sharing a lot about my personal life in posts, but I just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on with me. I’m really behind in my emails, sorry! I promise to get back to you ASAP. I’m also lacking on commenting on other blogs and my own...and every other internet related thing. Luckily I had a scheduled post for Monday, or that wouldn’t have happened.

But here is the jist... if you’re a regular reader of my blog you know how much I love my dog. He is my child. I know some people out there will look down upon that or roll there eyes, but get over it. I love my dog.

Some of you who follow me on Twitter, might remember me mentioning my dog having a toothache. So on the 19th we took him to the vet. They did an x-ray and he had an infection in his bone, so we started some antibiotics. This weekend Xandy’s (Xander is my dog) lower jaw swelled up so much it looked like he was hiding a golf ball or even one of those cuties... you know the little oranges, it was big. My vet was out of town, with it being the holidays and all, so we had to take him to the emergency vet clinic. They didn’t have any dental x-ray equipment at the facility, so they gave us a stronger antibiotic and pain meds and told us to call the vet on Monday.

On Monday, Xander had surgery to remove his canine tooth. There was a small amount of decay on the root tip. The bone in the infected area looked suspicious and the vet preformed a bone biopsy. The vet informed us that Xander may have canine osteosarcoma. Basically he may have a cancerous tumor in his lower jaw. Large dogs are at much higher risk, I have a rottweiler.

As you might imagine I’m pretty upset at the fact that I may be losing my two year old puppy. Last night after the surgery was a very hard night. He’s doing better today, but I really don’t feel like doing much, I’m lucky I made it through work today.

I’m hoping that it was simply the infection and not a tumor that was visible on the x-ray. But we won’t know for sure until we have the test results back. But I’m going to be try and be positive about it, and assume the best until I’m proven wrong.

I do have some reviews that I will be posting, but please don’t be offended if your emails aren’t answered quickly. Thanks.