The Story is About   +  TIME

2009!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time ringing in the new year!

At the start of a new year, a clean slate, a fresh start, it’s customary to share one’s ambitions and goals. I’ve shared a few in an earlier post, but I want to share more about how I hope to enhance things here, directly at The Story.

My main focus this year is to improve my reviews. I vow to refrain from using the words; awesome, great, and totally. I will avoid perpetually using the phrase “ I enjoyed...I really enjoyed reading...” In the event that I must be fangirly, I will do my best to write a review that will be pseudo-intellectual.

To assist me in this endeavor, I have a list of writing self-help books waiting to be picked up at the library!

Secondly, I’d like to strengthen my Author Tales interviews. I want to have questions that are thoughtful, informative, yet enjoyable...stimulating. I have a few “signature” questions, but truthfully I think they suck. So farewell, to the old, hello to the new!

I need to get my creative juices flowing. I need something new. Not necessarily a weekly feature, but something... maybe it can be monthly or even yearly. I’m in a rut. I don’t feel that I deserve any adulation. I need to improve but how?

A simple, yet often overlooked goal for me. Read more. I need to prioritize my time. Maybe I’ll invest in a daily planner.

Be consistent with my emails! Why is this so hard for me? I think it’s time to make a spreadsheet again, and actually use it this time.

A new year, a new look. I need a make-over. Any suggestions?

That’s all for now. I’m sure I’ll think of a few others after I post this. Does anyone have anything they would like to suggest. Maybe I should have people submit a review of The Story, how fun would that be?!

On a non-related note, I want to send out a sincere thanks to everyone’s concern about Xander. I wish I could express how much everyone’s comments have helped me, and continue to help me, make it through a difficult time. At the moment we are still waiting on test results, but I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated. Thank you.