The Story is About   +  young adult

In Too Deep by Jennifer Banash

In Too Deep by Jennifer Banash

Release Date: January 6, 2009
Publisher: Berkley Trade/Penguin Group
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256
Other Titles in the Series: The Elite

The Bramford building’s newest resident and small-town transplant Casey McCloy is adapting to life in the Big Apple and loving it. She’s got the look, the attitude, and a delish new boyfriend, Drew Van Allen. But she’s starting to have second thoughts as to whether the “New York” Casey is the real Casey. And she’s not so sure she likes herself much anymore. She’s not the only one.

Madison Macallister has always had her Manolo Blahniks firmly planted on the top rung of the social ladder—until that corn-fed cow Casey stole Drew away from her and made her look the fool. So what if Madison wasn’t exactly dating Drew at the time? She wanted him. And everyone knows that Madison gets what she wants, like Drew—and a little revenge

This series just keeps getting better. I devoured the first novel, The Elite, so to say that I was expecting a lot from it’s sequel is an understatement. I’m happy to announce that Jennifer Banash delivers an invigorating sequel.

This novel is DRAMA-FUL! Let me just throw something out here... WOW. I couldn’t believe some of the shit that went down! Any predispositions that I’d formed of these characters during my reading of The Elite were thoroughly shattered.

I was delighted that Banash continued to make her supporting characters essential in this series. Forget about Madison and Casey! (Let's not forget about Drew though.) I want more Sophie and Phoebe. It’s rare for me to overlook the key players in a novel, but the supporting characters in the series are kick ass. It’s this factor alone that makes this series stand out. Okay that’s not entirely true, it’s not the only thing that makes this series stand out, but it definitely helps this novel go from monotonous to notable! (Note to Ms. JB, I would like to see more of Phoebes and Jared... pretty please!)

And the ending of the novel perfectly grasps the readers obsession for a continuation! I’m eager to experience the alluring prose of the next novel, Simply Irresistible, featuring a MTV-esque reality show starring The Elite’s very own!