The Story is About   +  TIME

'09 Debut Authors Challenge

In the midst of the new year, you’ve probably noticed a lot of book challenges being started! I loved doing all my challenges last year. My favorite challenge of 2008 was Jocelyn of Teen Book Review’s 2k8 Challenge. I was very disappointed to hear that Jocelyn wouldn’t be hosting it again this year. With her blessing I will be taking over the challenge.

For lack of creativity on my part at the moment, the challenge will be called ‘09 Debut Authors Challenge. If anyone would like to join, please do!

  • Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. But if you are a blogger feel free to review your challenge books! If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by writing a review for Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.

  • The objective, obviously, is to read a set number of YA or MG novels from debut authors published this year.* I’m hoping to read at least 30, but choose a number that you feel comfortable with. You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year.

  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2009- December 31, 2009. You can join at anytime!
* novels do not have to be published in the year 2009. If you'd like to limit it to books published in '09 that is your choice!

I love finding out about new authors, so be sure to come back and link your reviews with Mr. Linky. I’m still deciding if I want to do a monthly Mr. Linky or have a huge one for the entire challenge... most likely I’ll be doing the monthly one.

You’ll have to do all the research to make sure a novel meets the criteria for the challenge. I do have a few sites that can help with your search; The Class of 2k9, 2009 Debutantes (book list), and Authors Now!.

If anyone has suggestions for a better name, I’m all for it. And I’d love some help with a logo!

If you think you'd be interested in participating sign the Mr. Linky below with your name or blogger nickname! You can link your blog's URL or you can link your actual '09 Debut Authors Challenge post.