The Story is About   +  young adult

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Release Date: March 17, 2009
Publisher: MTV Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over...

This was my first time reading Jennifer Echols, I’d seen her book around, but for some reason I never had the initiative to pick one up. Then I saw the cover and synopsis for Going Too Far and I just had to have it. I think originally I’d saw the title as Boy In Blue or something along those lines, but after reading the novel I think that the title, Going Too Far, fits it perfectly.

I was expecting to like this novel, I figured it would be good, what I hadn’t expected was how much I was going to like it! I sat down to read it and I didn’t get up from the couch until I was finished! It was so so... it just sucked me in and would not let go! Meg and John’s relationship was so layered and complex, just wow!

I loved Meg’s character, even though she is insane, I got it, I absolutely empathized with her. And John, he may seem one way, but his character is so complex and you don’t really discover that until later in the novel, but I think that is why it works out so well. It was addicting.

Such a great novel and Echols does a fabulous job in telling it. I’ll definitely be buying a copy to add to my personal library!