The Story is About   +  traveling to teens

T2T: Sarah Cross

Welcome to my second Traveling to Teens tour! I'm very excited to be a part of Traveling to Teens and even more excited to share a ton of great books with you! Today, I'd like to welcome author Sarah Cross! Her debut novel Dull Boy was released May 14, 2009!


Sarah Cross is a Taurus born in the year of the Monkey. She is four inches taller than Wolverine, but does not have adamantium claws ... yet. Fierce but cute Pallas' cats are her favorite animals--and if you don't think that is relevant, then you really don't know her. She grew up in Ohio and now lives in New York. DULL BOY is her first novel.


Interview with Sarah Cross:

Describe Dull Boy in three words.

superpowers, friendship, secrets

Who is your favorite super hero and why?

My favorite superhero is Batman, for a lot of reasons. He doesn't actually have superpowers, so he has to work harder and be that much smarter to compensate; he's grim and a badass and a loner (mostly). And he dresses like a bat, completely unironically, yet still manages to strike fear into the hearts of villains everywhere.

Are there any must haves for when you are writing?

Music!!! Turning on one of my playlists is like an instant signal to my brain that it's time to create. Caffeine helps, too. And on a bad day, a cupcake is essential. I actually prescribe cupcakes for most of life's ills.

Did you do anything after you sold Dull Boy, to celebrate?

I splurged on an iPod nano. (See: music obsession, above.) And it was totally worth it.

Most people only dream of becoming a published author, now that you've done that, what is another dream of yours?

It's no secret that I love animals. I've already had the amazing experience of flying a falcon (okay, so the falcon did most of the work; I just stood there wearing a big glove and grinning); and now my dream is to visit Mongolia and see a Pallas' cat in the wild. This will probably never happen; even if I made it to Mongolia, the Pallas' cats wouldn't be hanging out in front of their dens waiting for me. But I do think it would awesome.

If you haven't seen one, a quick search on Flickr ( http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=pallas+cat ) will bring up tons of pics. Take a look, they're adorable!

Thanks, Kristi!!



Hopefully I will have a review of Dull Boy up sometime this week! I have read it and it is AWESOME!