The Story is About   +  TIME

'09 Debut Challenge Update

Hello all! I thought since it's the middle of the year I'd post an update for my Debut Author Challenge. I also wanted to mention an amendment to the guidelines for the challenge. The challenge can include any debut novel, regardless of the year it's published. For instance You could include a novel that debuted in '08 or will in '10, as long as it is a debut novel. Does that make sense? If you'd like you can sign up: '09 Debut Author Challenge, it's never too late!

My original goal was to read 30 debut novels. I think I'm going to be able to meet that goal and surpass it! Here's what I've read so far:

1. Willow by Julia Hoban
2. You are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay
3. Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
4. Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
5. The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King
6. The September Sisters by Jillian Cantor
7. Waiting to Score by J.E. MacLeod.
8. The Season by Sarah MacLean
9. Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman
10. Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison
11. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
12. Jane in Bloom by Deborah Lytton
14. Watersmeet by Ellen Jensen Abbott
15. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
16. TMI by Sarah Quigley
17. My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter
18. Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter by R. J. Anderson
19. Wings by Aprilynne Pike
20. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
21. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
22. Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
23. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
24. The Beef Princess of Practical County by Michelle Houts
25. As You Wish by Jackson Pearce

Here is a list of debut novels that I have and hope to read for the challenge:

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley
Purge by Sarah Darer Littman
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne
Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard
Secrets of Truth and Beauty by Megan Frazer
Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph
A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
One Wish by Leigh Brescia
Hancock Park by Isabel Kaplan
Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe
Donut Days by Lara Zielen
After by Amy Efaw
Ash by Malinda Lo
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Hold Still by Nina LaCour
My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman
Behind Every Illusion by Christina Harner
Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
Initiation by Susan Fine
The Diamonds by Ted Michael
Gentlemen by Michael Northrop
Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson

Of course, I'd love to add some more to my list! Anyone have any suggestions?

FYI, I'm planning on hosting a '10 Debut Author Challenge. I hope you'll plan to participate next year. I've been working on some changes to make it more involved. Such as; monthly contests, monthly review group postings, ultimate challenge winner... and a few more other things up my sleeve!

How's everyone's challenge coming along? If you'd like to do an update post, I'll put a Mr. Linky below where you can sign for everyone to check your progress! Good Luck!