The Story is About   +  TIME

Very Interesting

I was perusing my Google Reader today and I came across a post that Lenore of Presenting Lenore did, entitled "Where my last 20 reviews came from" She had some interesting links to a few articles, and I suggest you head over there to read them yourself, because they were very insightful.

This intrigued me to do my own 20 reviews post, and I found that I was really surprised in my own "extra stories"

Here are the last 20 titles I reviewed and how I was able to get them:

1. China: Land of Dragons and Emperors by Adeline Yen Mah: provided by publisher. randomly sent.
2. One Lonely Degree by C.K. Kelly Martin: provided by publisher. randomly sent.
3. 113 Things to do by 13 by Brittany & Terri MacLeod: offered by author.
4. Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert: sent by publisher as participant in Traveling To Teens tour.
5. The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti: provided by publisher. randomly sent.
6. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev: offered by author.
7. Full Moon: A Dark Guardian Novel by Rachel Hawthorne: bought.
8. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund: offered by author.
9. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog: provided by publisher. randomly sent.
10. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: offered by publisher.
11. Blue Moon by Alyson Noel: requested from publisher.
12. It’s Not You, It’s Me by Kerry Cohen Hoffmann: sent by publisher as participant in Traveling To Teens tour.
13. The Beef Princess of Practical County by Michelle Houts: provided by publisher. randomly sent.
14. Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel: provided by publisher. randomly sent.
15. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison: requested from publisher.
16. The Debs: Love, Lies and Texas Dips by Susan McBride: offered by author
17. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard: offered by publisher.
18. The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan : sent by publisher as participant in Traveling To Teens tour.
19. Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti: offered by publisher
20. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow: offered by publisher

When I say randomly sent, I mean that this book wasn't offered to me, and I didn't request it. The publisher just sends it to me. I was surprised by the number of those that I reviewed, because unfortunately, sometimes the books that are randomly sent, I have no interest in reading. I'm not surprised by the lack of requested books. I rarely request books. I also don't usually review read books I buy, since I have so many books to review, unless of course it's part of a series that I've reviewed. Then I usually make an exception. Most of the books I receive for review are books that I've been offered to review and have accepted.

Awesome insight into myself. Thanks Lenore for the great post.