The Story is About   +  young adult

Ex-mas by Kate Brian

Ex-mas by Kate Brian

Release Date: October 6, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 288
From: publisher
Interest: cover & plot & author

Seventeen-year-old Lila Beckwith's parents just left for vacation, and Lila's all set to throw the holiday party of the season. But when her Christmas-obsessed little brother, Cooper, discovers that global warming is melting the North Pole, he and his best friend, Tyler, take off on a runaway mission to save Santa.

Lila has to get Cooper safely home before her parents get back on Christmas Eve. But the only person who can help her is Tyler's older brother, Beau -- a.k.a. Lila's musician, anti-everything ex-boyfriend.

It'll take more than a Christmas miracle for Lila and Beau to overcome their differences and find their fugitive brothers. But could a journey destined for disaster help these polar opposites fall in love...all over again?
Three words; cutest thing ever!

I've never read a novel by Kate Brian, which I'm pretty sure is a felony in the YA lit. world. I've never even read any of Kieran's books! For those of you who don't know, Kate Brian is a pen name/pseudonym that author Kieran Scott writes under. (Which is a lot more common than you would think!) Anyway, I've really been looking forward to reading a Kate Brian novel and then when I saw the synopsis for Ex-mas, I knew this was my chance!

This was one of the cutest feel good books I've read in such a long time. And it was just what I was looking for. I've been in this serious-tone-book-mode and I needed something light. Now ordinarily I'd call something like this light and fluffy, but while the overall tone of the story is light, there is some deep elements to the novel too.

Writing was fantastic and simplistic, plot flowed nicely, and characterization was great. It's a little bit on the predictable side, actually it's not a little predictable, it's predictable... period. But it's still really fun to read and watch these two characters. I'm getting those feel good vibes just writing this review and thinking about it!

Definitely recommend this for something cute, fast and fun! Would make an excellent gift for the holidays too!