The Story is About   +  TIME

Interview with Harmony about PAYA

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Harmony of Harmony Book Reviews. She is the mastermind book blogger behind PAYA: Bringing (more) YA to PA!


How did you get the idea for PAYA?

The idea for PAYA came from my love of the library and the fact that I realized my library had very little money to buy books for teens. It just spread from there, as I realized that my library wasn't the only PA library hurting.

How did you go about making this idea a reality?

Once I decided to take it to a state level, I contacted Yan, Josh Berk, and Steph Su to see if they'd be interested in helping. Then we started brainstorming and working on the website, as well as contacting authors about the event. It took (and is still taking) a ton of hardwork and planning but I love it!

What are you hoping to acomplish with PAYA?

The main thing we're hoping to accomplish is to help out PA libraries in various ways and also spreading our love of YA across the state.

What ways can people help out?

People can help out by spreading the word, donating books to the monthly book drive, participating in the auction (there's tons of cool things up and more will be coming soon!), or participating in any upcoming fundraisers on the site.

Do you have any future events planned for PAYA?

We have various fundraisers planned for the coming months but our main event is going to be a YA Festival next summer in Philadelphia, PA. There's going to be tons of authors and fun things going on and all of the proceeds will go to libraries across PA. I really hope to see everyone there!


Be sure to check out the PAYA website, and don't forget to head over to the auction to vote on some very awesome items and help PA libraries! If you are an author or a blogger that would like to help out with PAYA, be sure to email Harmony at harmonybookreviews(at)yahoo(dot)com