The Story is About   +  YA Connection

YA Connection (Oct. 24-31)

October 24-31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

The YA Connection is a collaborative column that was originally started by Kristi (The Story) and Steph (Reviewer X). Steph is currently on a extended hiatus, so I'm swinging it solo for the time being. In it can be found links from around the YA blogosphere, including, but not limited to, contests links, author blog links, review links, and miscellaneous news pertaining to the age group.

Author Musings:

2010 Debut Author Jessica Leader (Nice and Mean) has a website!

Diana Peterfreund (Rampant) examines college admissions and ultimately reveals that a publishing is a novel is not a stunt to get into your choice of an Ivy league school. It's an excellent post for young writers!

Over on the MTV Blog authors, Stephanie Kuehnert (Ballads of Suburbia) & Jan Blazanin (Fairest of them All) share where they write!

Stacey Jay (Undead Much) shares pics from her Books, Blood and Bones signing. It looks like she had a great time, and what fun pictures!

I have two Cover Stories from Melissa Walker's (Lovestruck Summer) blog! Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis and Goth Girl Rising by Barry Lyga!

Mari Mancusi (Bad Blood) got to meet R.L. Stine and I'm totally jealous. I still have all my Goosebumps books from elementary school.

Check out the Live Twitter Chat with Lisa McMann (Gone)! It's Tuesday, November 3!

Cyn Balog (Fairy Tale) just released the title of her new novel FEVER! What's even more strange is that Hot Blooded popped on my iTunes as I am writing this... "feel a fever burning inside of me!" Weird.

If you haven't seen this and are a reviewer, you should definetly check it out. Megan Frazer (Secrets of Truth & Beauty) is doing a series (?) on her blog entitled: Reviewers are People, Too and part two: Reviewers are People, Too Part Two: Don't Stalk Them.


Blogger Blurbs:

Lauren from Shooting Stars Mag has an idea. She's needing some blogging voices. Head over there and share your two cents.

For all you bloggers out there that are still worried about the whole FTC thing, A Chair, A Fireplace and a Tea Cozy, shares a link to an excellent post that you will want to check out.

Natalie of Mindful Musings reviewed her favorite Halloween book: The Devouring by Simon Holt. "The book was very well-written and suspenseful, and kept me turning pages the entire time."

Sara of The Hiding Spot reviewed Possessions by Nancy Holder. "Possessions was a quick, creepy read that I liked overall, but I felt lacked depth in some aspects."

Reggie of The Undercover Book Lover reviewed Never Bite a Boy on the First Date by Tamara Summers. "Everything is perfect and the plot, the characters, the writing, makes for an vamptastic and romantically amazing novel!"

Donna of Bites reviewed Vampire Beach by Alex Duval. " What a yawn fest. I'd recommend these for a beach read but, in all honesty, I don't even think they're worth that."

Book Chick City reviewed The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks. "This is definitely a fun read."

Lea of YA Book Queen reviewed The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carry Ryan. "I enjoyed the dilemmas between Love and Commitment. I just wanted to smack some sense into a few people, though."

Jo of Once Upon a Bookcase reviewed Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine. "Compared to the other novels in the series, there is a lot more build up to the action and fighting at the beginning of the book, but that doesn’t make this book any less amazing."


In Other News:

The WICKED series by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie has been acquired by Dreamworks for FILM RIGHTS. Brothers Aaron and Matthew Benay, who have written the script for Pixar and Warner Bros.' 1906 (2012 release), have signed on to write the Wicked adaptation based on their own pitch, with The Gotham Group on board to produce.

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? I've signed up myself, but I'm not sure if I'll be a "winner" but I'm going to participate anway. Wish me luck!


Contests:

Feel free to fill in your contest info in the Mister Linky.

Please use the Mister Linky as instructed.
Your Name: Put your prize here & deadline date!
Your URL: Put a DIRECT link to your contest.



Do you want to be included in YAC? Shoot me an email with your blog url. I have a folder in my Google Reader called YAC. Posts are chosen at random. Please use the subject: YAC.

Are you an author that has an event coming up? Let me know and I can mention it on a future post of YAC!

Have a suggestion of something you'd like to see on YAC? Or something you've seen that you'd like me to include every time, let me know.

Thanks! Have a great weekend! and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!