The Story is About   +  TIME

1000 Follower Contest!

This post is long overdue as I reached 1000 followers on November 7, which would have been last Saturday. And since then I've gained a few more followers!

I've been trying to figure out a prize. I wanted to do something big, because this is a big deal for me. I thought about giving away a box of books, it's only $40 for an international flat rate box. Not something I can afford everyday, but something I could possibly afford every once in a while. But then I got to thinking about the type of books to include, and I wanted to make sure people got what they wanted, and I wanted to be able to offer a good variety, but I don't currently have a lot of extra books like I normally do.

So this is what I've decided to do. I'm going to let you go shopping. And I have two options to choose from, but may only choose one, not both. (I'm hoping this is going to work out how I'm thinking.)


Option One: For U.S. and International entrants.

Instead of spending $40 on shipping, I'm going to let you spend $40 on books. You'll be shopping at The Book Depository. Because they have free worldwide shipping! And they will ship for free, to the following countries.

Now, since I'm going to be covering the bill, I'll need everything to be in US dollars. You can get any books you want as long as the total isn't over $40.

Edit: (If The Book Depository is a problem, as in, it doesn't ship to your country. I can also ship via Amazon. Although the shipping may not be free. Please let me know your if you will be choosing Amazon in the book list section of the registration form. List your books in order of preference. As for US residents, if you'd rather do Amazon, orders over $25 have free shipping too.)

Option Two: For U.S. entrants only.

I'd also love to support local independent book stores, if possible. If you'd like to buy your books locally instead of online, I will buy a $40 ABA gift card. An ABA gift card is accepted at select Indiebound bookstores. You can see an official list of the bookstores that accept an ABA gift card. Please make sure you have an independent bookstore near you that will accept the ABA gift card!

You'll need to fill out this registration form to enter. (Might be a good idea to go shopping before you fill out the form, because I will be asking for the titles you will be choosing. Unless of course you will be getting the gift card.) DO NOT leave your email address in the comments section. I will delete it. If you left a comment that has been deleted, you will need to re-enter with the registration form.

  • deadline is December 18, 2009 closed early December 14, 2009
  • open to everyone
  • only ONE entry per person. DO NOT sign up with the same name but two different email addresses. I will delete both of your entries.
Check out Contest Policy/Privacy Policy