The Story is About   +  Sara Kadefors

Author Interview: Sara Kadefors (& Contest)

Today I have a mini interview with Are U 4 Real? author Sara Kadefors! She'll be touring around some book blogs, so be sure to check out the next leg of the tour, which will be at The Compulsive Reader!


Are U 4 Real? was originally published in Sweden, but it's been published in over 10 languages. Why do you think Are U 4 Real? has such universal appeal?

First I have to say that I'm so happy that my book seems to be able to communicate with so many young people in different countries. I think that it's about general, universal matters that many people can relate to. It's about our needs to be loved and respected as human beings, about our never ending struggle to be true to ourselves and others in our lives. I've really tried to write about people, not about young people because I don't think we're so different from each other.

I also think that many people can relate to the story: meeting someone on the internet, and it's written almost like a screenplay, making it easy to follow.

Do you have a specific time or place that you write?

I go to my office almost every day and I start working at about nine o clock like a normal human being who has a normal job. I eat lunch at about twelve and after that I maybe write for one hour more until it's no longer possible, then I start to answer e-mails and stuff.

What's next for you?

My latest novel came out in the end of August and it's for grownups. I've almost finished a book for children, between ages nine and twelve, and I’ll hopefully begin to work on a movie soon that is based on a book that I wrote a few years ago, also for adults. I will be the screenwriter and director if the movie.



If you'd like to win an ARC of Are U 4 Real? please feel out the following form.

This contest is open to everyone. Deadline is November 24, 2009. Good Luck!

Check out Contest Policy/Privacy Policy