The Story is About   +  novel

Mini Author Interview: Kristina Springer

Today I have an interview with author Kristina Springer. Her novel The Espressologist was released October 2009. You can see my review, here.


What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?

One of my favorites was from a teacher who interviewed me for his blog. He asked me to tell him about himself from his drink (he's a peppermint mocha). I said:

"I’d say you are a pretty fun and friendly person. Most often happy. Young at heart. I’m sensing you have a He-man, GI Joe, or Star Wars collection."

He wrote back and said he had ALL THREE collections!

What’s the most challenging aspect of writing? Easiest?

Most challenging? Revising. Easiest? First draft.

What’s the most rewarding aspect?

Seeing the book in the stores has been pretty awesome. And I looooove get mail from readers!

What's next for you?

I'm super excited about my next book-- MY FAKE BOYFRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOURS. It's about two 7th grade BFFs who each think each other's "boyfriend" is a fake. It becomes competitive (like if one says her boyfriend sent her carnations the other says her boyfriend sent her roses) and hilarious. It will be out in the fall of 2010.


Thanks so much Kristina for stopping by! And be sure to check out The Espressologist!