The Story is About   +  young adult

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

Release Date: December 29, 2009
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 288
Source: Publisher
Interest: series
Other Books in the Series: My Soul to Take
Buy the Book/Associate Links: Amazon

/Indiebound

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld — a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...
Three words: one unique series!

I just love the whole premise of this series. The soul screamers. It's such an unique element, and I can't wait to see where Rachel takes us next!

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy My Soul to Save as much as I did it's predecessor. I enjoyed the story, it was excellently written and there were plenty of twists and turns to keep you on you toes. I just didn't enjoy the characters as much this time around.

My favorite character from the first novel Todd, was sullen and closed off. He didn't have the smart-ass quality that first captured my heart! Also, I was not a fan of Addison at all. I didn't understand why Kaylee and Nash were risking so much to save her. I guess I'm just not a very compassionate person, but I didn't feel sorry for Addison, there was just something about her that rubbed me the wrong way. Rachel did an excellent job portraying her character so that you'd be empathetic toward her, but I just wasn't. I did enjoy the relationship between Kaylee and Nash, I thought it was a little rushed in the first book, but it seemed to be better developed this time.

I so enjoyed the more in depth look into the Netherworld, what a creepy place! Looking forward to seeing more of that world!

Overall, story was fantastic, writing was great... I just didn't enjoy the characters this time around.