The Story is About   +  TIME

Do You Need a Mentor?

I've been debating on doing this for a while. Initially my interest was spurred from a post I saw months ago, I can't remember the blog... if anyone would like to refresh my memory please do! They were thinking of starting a program... I think it might have been called reader to reader? It's actually driving me crazy that I can't remember and google search is failing me miserably, so if someone knows... again, please refresh my memory!

Speaking of mentor programs...

There is a great mentor program at The Bloggie Cult forum, where you can be matched with a blogger for a few weeks to help improve your blog.

And there is an international mentor program available for international bloggers at Presenting Lenore. These are both great resources that you should definitely check out.

Something I do when I have an idea is take it to Twitter! I take a lot of things to Twitter... should probably keep some of them to myself, but that's another story for a different day. ANYHOW, the main consensus was that, this would be a good idea, there was some concern with people getting feelings hurt and I want to stress that I do not wish to hurt anyone's feelings! I am planning on choosing only one or two people as mentees, and the choice will not be made lightly. I want to be sure that I am compatible with my mentees, that I have something to offer. I want bloggers that are serious about what they are doing, that have a strong passion and willingness.

This is still a learning process for me, so I'm not trying to come across as an expert because I'm not, but I think I've learned a thing or two that may be beneficial.

I'm mainly looking for mentees that have book blogs aimed at young adult literature, since that what I specialize in, and what I'm familiar with. I want to have a long term mentor/mentee relationship... possibly months... years? I'm not sure what the incentives for this program are going to be... still in the planning stages as far as that goes. Just want to get an idea of interest at this point. Would love any suggestions.

If you think you might be interested in having me for a mentor, I encourage you to fill out the form that you can find at this link: Blog Mentor. (It may take a few minutes to fill out) I'll only be accepting submissions for a few weeks, so if you are interested, please don't wait. March 5 is the deadline.

I'm not sure how I'm going to "pick" my mentees as this point either. I may have a group of mentees that I'd be interesting in mentoring and then do a random number generator...?

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me or leave them in the comments section and I will try to reply there.

Thank you.