The Story is About   +  young adult

The Naughty List by Suzanne Young

The Naughty List

by Suzanne Young

Release Date: Febuary 4, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 272
Source: Publisher
Interest: Debut Author
Challenge: 2010 Debut Author Challenge

As if being a purrfect cheerleader isn’t enough responsibility!

Tessa Crimson’s the sweet and spunky leader of the SOS (Society of Smitten Kittens), a cheer squad–turned–spy society dedicated to bringing dastardly boyfriends to justice, one cheater at a time. Boyfriend-busting wouldn’t be so bad . . . except that so far, every suspect on the Naughty List has been proven 100% guilty!

When Tessa’s own boyfriend shows up on the List, she turns her sleuthing skills on him. Is Aiden just as naughty as all the rest, or will Tessa’s sneaky ways end in catastrophe?

The Naughty List. Is your boyfriend on it?
Here is my one sentence review for The Naughty list: Espionage, lively cheerleaders, and very naughty boys... equal one debut that I found unputdownable!

What an excellent debut and an entertaining start to a new series!

Young’s depiction of a cheerleading squad turned cheater investigators was ingenious. I mean, who would think a group of cheerleaders would be the masterminds, behind a secret group taking down one cheater at a time! I never would have. And yet it totally worked.

Characterization was great as well. Even the characters with smaller roles really stood out and made an impression. Tessa was an endearing character. She had an excellent voice, even though it was a little cheesy sometimes. For some reason I found her out-bursts of “strawberry smoothie” & “apple dippers” to be likable! Usually I’d find that to be annoying, but for Tessa’s character it just worked.

I loved Tessa and Aidan’s relationship, although it doesn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it to, I remember that feeling of intoxicating love all to well.

The plot, while it seems predictable, definitely kept me guessing.

The Naughty List wasn’t at all what I was expecting, it was better! I can not wait to read the rest of the series! I wish I had book two in my hands right now.