The Story is About   +  TIME

In My Mailbox (76)

Welcome to In My Mailbox! You can find out how to participate and the "official" details on the IMM page.

Basically IMM is a meme I started here at The Story with some inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. What is a meme you ask? A meme (pronounced meem or to rhyme with theme) is like the plague. It's purpose is to spread... like a disease, hence the plague reference. A meme should not be confused with a "feature" that can be exclusive to a particular blog. Memes can be those stupid quizzes that you see on facebook.. "what type of latte are you?" You know what I'm talking about right? For bloggers especially book bloggers memes have evolved into something a little more personal that we can share with each other.

The idea behind IMM was not only to put new books on your radar but to also encourage blogger interaction.

IMM explores the weekly contents of my mailbox & books bought. And sometimes other fun goodies.



I did a vlog this week. I was going to snap some photos... but I can't find my camera. That's what I should have bought myself for my birthday.. a new camera! Anyhow, hope you enjoy the vlog. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, it was so awesome!

People and things mentioned in this vlog:

Susan from WastePaper Prose

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Hourglass by Claudia Gray
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce

Bookalicous Ramblings

The Society of S by Susan Hubbard
The Year of Disappearances by Susan Hubbard
The Season of Risks by Susan Hubbard

Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski
Dark Life by Kat Falls
Ten Things I Hate About Me by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner
Kiss in the Dark by Lauren Henderson
Forget You by Jennifer Echols

YA Book Realm
Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf
Pop Culture Junkie
YA Reads

Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell bookmarks and stickers
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler buttons



That's what I got. What did you get? I can't wait to see! Please leave your IMM post direct URL in the Mister Linky widget. Happy Reading!

For example:
Name: The Story
URL: http://www.google.com/in-my-mailbox-1000