The Story is About   +  young adult

Spirt Bound by Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Release Date: May 18, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 496
Source: Bought
Challenge: None
Interest: Series
Other Titles in the Series: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss & Blood Promise
Buy the Book: Amazon

|Indiebound|Powell's|Barnes & Noble

Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.

How awesome is this series?! If you haven’t read these books, you really should. They are fantastically written and just plain ole’ awesome. I know a lot of people are burnt out on the whole vampire genre as a whole, but as strange as it sounds these novels aren’t really about vampires... I mean they are, but they are about friendship, love, adventure, sacrifice, heartache... so so very much more than vampires. I mean if you have to, you can just pretend like they aren’t vampires...

I’ve loved this series since the first pages of Vampire Academy. Richelle was the first author that I ever met in person... it was shortly after the release of Shadow Kiss, the books weren’t quite as popular as they are now, but I knew it would only be a matter of time. Richelle is as beautiful in person as she is online, and she’s incredibly sweet and intelligent! And I can honestly say that this series is only getting better.

*Warning... read at your own risk... Possible SPOILERS AHEAD*

Mead really surprised me with this book. She isn’t one of those authors that drags shit out just to have a reason to come out with another book. She gives you a resolution to the problem... yeah, she might throw in another one there, but hey, she gives you something and it’s usually something good. I honestly thought we were going to take the entire novel to figure out how to bring Dimitri back... I thought it would be a long drawn out adventure. I expected it to be fun, sure, but I figured we wouldn’t get answer until the last few pages. PSYCH! Okay, Mead... you got me. Rose figures out what she has to do and the conclusion was like a slap in the forehead... why didn’t I see that coming! And the whole adventure was legitimate... you know what I’m talking about, sometimes things just work out too nicely, and you think “yeah, like that would really happen” but instead I was thinking... “yeah, that could work.” Totally did not see the Dimitiri thing working out that way though... not the way I had it resolving in my head, but then again, Mead did it so much better! It definitely made for an interesting second half of the book though... and that ending holy cannoli people! How is Rose going to wiggle herself out of this one!

*End Spoiler-e-ness*

Adrian is really growing on me. I had a lot of ‘awww’ moments in this book. And that surprises me because I told myself that I was going to hate him and stay firmly on Team Dimitri... but I find myself waning.

This book was everything I was hoping it would be and more. I LOVE this series... absolutely love it. It's the same every time I read a new book in the series... I CAN'T put it down! I've given up trying to predict how the story is going to go, because I've gotten it wrong every single time... EVERY SINGLE TIME. And I love that aspect. Totally blown away. Cannot wait to read Last Sacrifice... December can't come fast enough.

Like I said... if you haven't read this series you really should. I just know you'll fall in love with the characters and the story as much as I have.