The Story is About   +  TIME

Goodbye 2010!

2010 is on the way out, and 2011 in stepping through the door. I'm going to take this time to list some of my favorite books I read in 2010, some of the ones I'm looking forward to reading in 2011 and touch on a few other things (like a list of 2010 debut's I read!)

My Top Ten Reads of 2010 (in no particular order):

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Shade by Jerry Smith Ready
Forget You by Jennifer Echols
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Honorable Mention:

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



Debuts Read in 2010

The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard
Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Firespell by Chloe Neill
The Naughty List by Suzanne Young
Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton
The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Line by Teri Hall
Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
Mistwood by Leah Cypess
Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells
Other by Karen Kincy
Glimmerglass by Jenna Black

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner
13 to Life by Shannon Delany
The Ghost & The Goth by Stacey Kade
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton
The Candidates by Inara Scott
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez

Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Split by Swati Avasthi
Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin
Matched by Ally Condie (review to come)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (review to come)

Total: 45 total



Lenore at Presenting Lenore did a post recently called 18 books I wish I would have read in 2010... and I thought it was such a great idea. I mean I know I have a list of books I wish I would have read... don't you?

Although I read 45 debuts... and I think that's a pretty good number... there were still quite a few debuts that I wish I would have gotten to:

Wish

by Alexandra Bullen
Shadow Hills

by Anastasia Hopcus
The Rise of Renegade X

by Chelsea Campbell
The Tension of Opposites

by Kristina McBride
Harmonic Feedback

by Tara Kelly
Sea

by Heidi R. Kling
Tell Me a Secret

by Holly Cupala
and a dozen other ones...

Titles from some of my favorite YA authors that I wish I would have read:

Linger

by Maggie Stiefvater
Crescendo

by Becca Fitzpatrick
Torment

by Lauren Kate
White Cat

by Holly Black
Dark Flame

by Alyson Noel
Ascendant

by Diana Peterfreund



Books I can't wait to read in 2011:

before we get to that... I want to mention a few 2011 titles I've read, that you MUST add to your 2011 reading lists

Unearthly

by Cynthia Hand
Other Words for Love

by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

and back to the can't wait list of 2011...

Abandon

by Meg Cabot
City of Fallen Angels

by Cassandra Clare
The Gathering

by Kelly Armstrong
Demonglass

by Rachel Hawkins
Darkest Mercy

by Melissa Marr
Starcrossed

by Josephine Angelini... and all the debuts on this list.
Shift

by Jeri Smith-Ready
and a dozen more titles, ha!



2010, you've been a great year of reading. 2011 I hope you are even better.