The Story is About   +  TIME

2010 Wrap Up

Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Tuner came up with an End of 2010 Survey, and I thought it would be fun to participate! (This is me participating!) Basically it's about our reading experience through the year...

1. Best Book of 2010

This is such a hard question. I've read so many fantastic novels this yes... can I narrow it down to just one!?!?! If I had to pick one it would probably be Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

. I bawled while reading this book, and getting to meet Lauren and hear first hand about the novel, made me love it even more.

2. Worst Book of 2010

I don't think I read a "worst" book... sure there were some I wasn't to fond of, but none that I'd put under this category.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010

I would have to say The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

. I think I was disappointed because I absolutely adore Elizabeth Scott and her novels... and I think I was expecting huge giant sparkly fireworks... and all I got were those black snakes... you know the little black disc you light and out grows a snake of ash.

4. Most Surprising Book (in a good way!) in 2010

Hands down, Split by Swati Avasthi

. I wasn't really sure about this one, but the story really blew me away. Honestly I probably wouldn't have read it, had it not been for my PoC Literature Days I did. Lesson learned.

5. Book You Recommended to People Most in 2010

I would have to say The Iron Fey Series (The Iron King

, The Iron Daughter

, The Iron Queen

) by Julie Kagawa. It's such a fun series, I love it!

6. Best Series Discovered in 2010

Hmm... I didn't really discover a new one this year (besides the Iron Fey which I already mentioned). Read a lot of firsts in a series, that come out this year, but I don't really think that would be considered 'discovering' one. Although, I did read the first two books in The Oracle Series (The Oracle of Dating

& The Oracle Rebounds

) by Allison van Diepen and those were very fun reads!

7. Favorite New Authors of 2010

Lauren Oliver, Michelle Zink, Jeri Smith-Ready, Holly Schindler... and about a dozen more.

8. Most Hilarious Read of 2010

Probably a tie between A Match Made in High School by Kristen Walker

and Kiss It by Erin Downing

, both had spectacular moments of hilarity, yet at the same time, touched on some serious issues.

9. Most Thrilling Unputdownable Book of 2010

I'm going to have to go with Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

for this one. I don't think I did put it down until it was finished. I along with a dozen other people.

10. Book You Anticipated the Most for 2010

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

. I love to sleep and I woke up at the ass crack of dawn to make sure that I got one of these at BEA... (and I may have walked VERY QUICKLY to the booth upon the opening of the exhibit floor.) I started it on the plane ride home, and it did not disappoint.

11. Favorite Cover of a Book You read in 2010

Paranormacly by Kirsten White

& Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

.

12. Most Memorable Character in 2010

Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. I am going to miss this girl something fierce! She's everything a heroine should be.

13. Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010

A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler.

The writing in the novel really blew me away.

14. Book that had the Greatest Impact on You in 2010

Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu

. It's easy to be disgusted by something like hoarding, but experiencing this story definitely opened up my eyes to this disorder/illness. It was heartbreaking.

15. Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2010 to Finally Read

Not that this one is an oldie by any means, I just don't know why it took me so long to get to it! Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

. Such a great story! (And I'm procrastinating already with the next one... I really need to get to The Guardian of the Gate already!)

Most likely I'll be working on a top 10 of 2010 list to post soon! Perhaps even a most anticipated of 2011?