The Story is About   +  TIME

Blog FAQs!

Why did you start blogging?

When did you start blogging?

Why did you name your blog The Story?

Who designed your blog?

Is blogging your job?

How old are you?

What is your favorite YA book?

What Harry Potter House would you be sorted into?

How fast do you read?

Do you read more than one book at a time?

Do you read ebooks?

Why don’t you give star ratings?

What program do you use to edit your IMM videos?




Q: Why did you start blogging?

I didn’t exactly realize what I was doing when I started blogging. I have always been a big reader but didn’t do very much of it when I was in high school and college. After I graduated college I got into reading again. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix came out the year I graduated and then reading the next two books in the following years I felt like something was missing. I had a conversation with one of my patients at work and she suggested I read a book called Twilight. From then on I just had this need that only reading would fill. I basically read all the YA titles at my local library and most of the romance ones as well! I was looking up a book and stumbled upon a book blog. Called The Page Flipper... which is no longer a blog... it’s now Coffee & Cliffhangers! I realized there were people who not only loved to read, but were sharing that love on the internet! Chelsea that blogs now at Coffee & Cliffhangers really helped me figure this whole blogging thing out and has became one of my most dearest friends!

Q: When did you start blogging?

I started blogging in December of 2007!

Q:Why did you name your blog The Story?

This is a really boring answer.

I knew I wanted a name for a book blog. I wanted something that was catchy and that if you saw it you’d know it was about reading, or stories, or books. I love mythology. All types. I went through quite a few names until I found the one I liked. I wish I could remember the rejects. And like I said I wanted something catchy, so I thought the repeating S’s in Story & Siren went together rather nicely. And a blog name was born.

Q: Who designed your blog?

That would be Tawni from Forever Design Studio. http://foreverdesignstudio.com/

Q: Is blogging your job?

Nope. I am an orthodontic technician. Though I may or may not have a freelance writing gig. It’s sort of up in the air at the moment. I would love for blogging to be my job. I would love even more to finish this darn manuscript I’ve been working on and be a “real” author someday.

Q: How old are you?

Didn’t your momma teach you it’s not polite to ask a lady that!

Q: What is your favorite YA book?

This one changes all the time. Depending on what I’ve just read... or what my mood is at the moment. If I had to pick just one favorite of all time, it would probably be Speak by Laure Halse Anderson. I wish I would have found that book when I was in high school. I just remember FEELING when I read that book, and it really hit home for me. Not that I experienced anything as horrific as the character in that novel, but I did have something that I had always blamed myself for, and finally had the strength to see that it wasn’t my fault.

Q: What Harry Potter House would you be sorted into?

Originally I would have said that I wasn’t sure, but I was sorted by the sorting hat at Pottermore and it sorted me into: Gryffindor!

Q: How fast do you read?

I can usually read around 70-100 pages in an hour.

Q: Do you read more than one book at a time?

I don’t. I suppose that I could if I really wanted to. I may have a few times, but I like to focus on just one book.

Q: Do you read ebooks?

Yes I do. More so recently as more publishers are offering e-galleys.

Q: Why don’t you give star ratings?

Star ratings were really hard for me. It was hard to assign a numerical rating to my feelings. I never really felt the same way about two books. I would find myself thinking well I didn’t feel the same way about these two books... yet they have the same rating? It one three star rating equal to another? I don’t think it is. And that’s what I really struggled with.

I’m thinking about bring back a rating system, but not a numerical system.

Q: What program do you use to edit your IMM videos?

That would be iMovie. Nothing fancy!