The Story is About   +  young adult

Chasing Windmills

Chasing Windmills by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Chasing Windmills is the story of Sebastian and Maria. They are both prisoners in their own lives, yet their situations couldn’t be more different. Sebastian lives an extremely sheltered life. He is home-schooled by his controlling father and he forbids any outside relationships. Maria is trapped in an abusive relationship, by the father of her two children.

Both escaping briefly, they meet on the subway train. Their relationship growing from just a quick glance to nightly meetings. Unable to deny the spark that they feel within for each other, they see falling in love as a chance to escape from it all.

I can’t seem to find the words to describe how I felt while I read this captivating tale. This was my first exposure to the writings of Catherine Ryan Hyde and it most certainly will not be my last. The story beautifully alternates between Sebastian’s and Maria’s perspectives. The characters themselves are perfectly flawed, and I couldn’t help but love them for their choices when they struggled so immensely. I was completely enraptured from the beginning and was so until the last page. I think I experienced every possible emotion while reading, and it only made the experience more enjoyable. Be prepared for an unbelievable story, you may shed a tear or more, I know I did, but it is well worth it. Catherine Ryan Hyde has an unbelievable talent for writing and creating a story with such depth and meaning, I know it will be one I will not soon forget.