The Story is About   +  young adult

Uninvited

Uninvited by Amanda Marrone

Jordan’s life is a mess. It all started three months ago when her dead ex-boyfriend shows up outside her winder. Yes, he is still dead, but he didn’t commit suicide like everyone thought, he’s a vampire. Every night it is the same routine, Jordan let me in, you know I’ve always loved you. Jordan despite fantasizing that he does still love her can’t bring herself to let him in. She is afraid. She doesn’t go out after dark because she knows he will be there waiting for her. Jordan has three good friends but she doesn’t really feel like she fits in. She has social anxiety and finds it hard to deal with people at school, so she misses a lot of class, adding to her messy life. But then there is Danny, the boy that she liked before Michael and the boy that she may still like, he might just be worth living for. When Jordan realizes how evil Michael really is, it may be too late.

Uninvited didn’t really do anything for me. It was a really quick read, and the storyline lacked real strength. The characters were mediocre and lacked depth. I can’t say that I really related to any of the characters either, they were all complete messes. I think this story could have been better if it would have actually started when Jordan met Michael, so you would have some real insight into their relationship. I didn’t understand why she thought she still had feelings for him, when he just went around and slept with all the girls in school after they broke up. I was hoping for a good read and I was left very disappointed.