The Story is About   +  young adult

Oh. My. Gods.

(First off, I must give a shout out to Tera for my first b-day present. Thank you! And I cracked up when I saw the mention of Ben and Jerry’s White Russian, you really are upset about that!)

"If Phoebe Castro can keep her grades up and have another stellar cross-country season, her dream of attending USC with her best friends is only a track scholarship away. She’s made all her plans, so it’s a complete shock when her mom announces she’s marring a mysterious stranger and moving them halfway around the world to– Greece.

Phoebe’s stuck on a secret island in the Aegean attending the super-exclusive Academy, where her new stepfather is the headmaster and the kids are anything but your average students– they are descendants of the Greek gods, superpowers included. That’s right, Greek gods are no myth! If Phoebe thought high school was hard, she knows this is going to be mortal misery.

Securing that scholarship seems like Phoebe’s only ticket out of Greece, but training and maintaining her grades will be grueling, even without a sabotaging stepsister from Hades and a gorgeous guy– what a god!– who just might be her Achilles’ heel. One thing is for sure– summoning the will to win and finding her place among the gods could be Phoebe’s toughest course yet.

The Greek gods get a makeover in this romantic odyssey of mythic proportion."

(This is the summary from the back of the book, I thought it was to great to pass up, and I don’t think summarizing is one of my strong points!)

I don’t even know where to start! I guess first off, I should say that I’ve been looking forward to reading this book since I first heard about it, I’m a huge fan of Greek Mythology. So, to say that I was expecting a lot going into it, doesn’t quite cover it. I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I always look at the thickness I have left of a book to read once I start a good reading spell, and I either think two things; 1.) okay I only have this much more to go. Or 2.) oh no! This is all that’s left! This book definitely falls under the later. I loved Childs writing style, and her interruption of the Greek gods. What is so good about this book is the reality mixed with the myth. I mean, we have a honest portrayal of a girl struggling to make sense of the world, and it works even a mythical one. The characters are distinctive, and each portrayal of their god or goddess remains in tact within the distinctiveness. What else can I say, I absolutely loved it. I loved the story, Phoebe, her struggles and triumphs, and of course the catalyst to any good romance, the boys. What else could you want? I strongly suggest you pick up a copy of Oh. My. Gods. on it’s release date May 1st, 2008!