The Story is About   +  TIME

20,000 Hits Contest!

Okay, here it is, the moment you’ve all been waiting for. The information for the big, no... huge, no, COLOSSAL, yeah that’s better, Contest celebrating 20,000 visits! Why? Because that totally blows my socks off, totally never expected it when I started this blog.

Now usually my contest are pretty easy, send me a comment, send me an email. But since this is a big contest I decided to make you work for it... just a little bit. I’ve really been wanting to get some feedback about the site, but I wasn’t sure how to go about getting the information. Sure I could make a post asking for suggestions, but I probably wouldn’t get that many takers.
Insert light bulb moment here.

What better way to get some feedback than offering a survey as a entry. Here is the survey below. Simply copy and past the questions into an email and send them along with your answers to e-mail. Also include your information (name and address) in the email. Your information (name and addy) will not be shared with anyone. It is strictly for my usage and will be deleted after the contest! Please be honest, you won’t be disqualified for negative comments, so feel free to speak your mind.

What is your favorite thing/feature about thestory.com?
What is your least favorite thing/feature about thestory.com?
What is your favorite genre, what type of books do you like to read?
Who are your favorite authors?
How did you find the strorysiren.com? (Was it a search engine, another blogger’s site? Which blogger’s site was it?)
What would you like to see on thestory.com?
Do you read the guest posts, reviews, etc or do you just skim through?
Any suggestions and/or comments?

The Prizes:

Wake by Lisa McMann
Debbie Harry Sings in French by Meagan Brothers
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen Rumors: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen

I think I'll also get a bookmark to add, possibly a few other things, but that is what I have so far!

Official rules: This contest is open to anyone, anywhere. This may be my last international contest for a while, as gas has now soared to $4.20 a gallon here and that will cut into my postal fund. So sign up now while you can! Since this is a big contest and I would love to have as much feedback as possible the deadline will not be until July 31st 2008! Please remember to send your answers as well as your information in the email. This contest is separate from the monthly contest. Your entries from the monthly contest will not be valid for this contest! Thanks!

Yes, you can get extra entries for this contest!!! Here is how...

Post about the contest on your blog or myspace page. +1 entry. (Please email the link to the post when you send your email entry or send an extra email with the link to e-mail.

Add an icon/banner to your blog or myspace page. +2 entries (Let me know if you post a banner. You can also make your own, I'll even throw in an extra entry or two for that, or you can use this simple one I made!)

Spread the word. If an entrant says they heard about thestory.com or the contest from you I’ll give you some more entries! +3 entries
The person with the most referrals will receive an additional 4 entries!!!

Or if you think of another nifty way to get the word out about the contest let me know and I'll throw you some extra entries, how many depending on the idea itself.

Okay, I think that is it. That was really long sorry about that. If you have any questions about the contest please email me!! I may know what I meant to say, but that doesn’t mean it will come across that way, so if there is any confusion just let me know.