The Story is About   +  young adult

Miss Educated: An Upper Class Novel

Miss Educated: An Upper Class Novel by Hobson Brown, Taylor Materne and Caroline Says

Release Date: August 2007
Publisher: HaperCollins Publishers, HarpetTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 273

Welcome Back to Wellington! It’s time for the spring semester. Nikki and Laine take a backseat and Parker and Chase take their places in the spotlight.

Parker Cole weird girl extraodinaire. She marches to the beat of her own drum and simply doesn’t care what other people think.

Chase Dobbs one strike away from military school. This semester he has to get his butt into gear! Still hung up on the elusive Laine and it seems that his semester will dampen even further without her presence on campus.

This unlikely pair is forced upon each other in their Limnology class. The duo’s first assignment leads them to the discovery of a dead body, and the two can’t help but bond from there. Parker finds herself crushing on Chase although she isn’t sure why, and Chase tries to deny anything he might be feeling for Parker. Partly because he is still hung up on Laine and mainly because he is worried about what other people will think if they see the pair together.

Add that to; Chase’s overlooked ADD, drug dealings and takings, spring break in Costa Rica, and the return of Laine and you have a drama-filled semester!

I didn’t enjoy Miss Educated as much as I did the first novel, The Upper Class. While reading The Upper Class, I found myself wanting to know more about Chase and now that I do, I have to say I’m not impressed with his character at all. While his struggles were realistic and meant to be sympathetic, I found myself genuinely annoyed. Parker was an enjoyable character, but even though she was a huge part of the story, I still feel like I know almost nothing about her. I’m not sure exactly why Laine ended up coming back to Wellington either. It was apparent in the first book that the girl had some major issues and I don’t exactly see how coming back was going to help in her road to recovery. Nikki remains to be a real and raw character, although her presence in the book is minimal. If you like the first book The Upper Class I would recommend reading Miss Educated, but don’t expect too much. Even though I was disappointed with Miss Educated still plan on reading the rest of the series.