The Story is About   +  young adult

Queen Geeks In Love

Queen Geeks in Love by Laura Preble

Release Date: November 2007
Publisher: Berkley Trade, Penguin Group (USA), Berkley Jam
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 304
Other titles in the series: The Queen Geek Social Club

First rule of the Queen Geeks, never let guys get in the way.

This year, Becca has big plans for the Queen Geeks. She thinks working on the club’s website and planning GeekFest (a talent shoe of geek-tastic proportions) should be Shelby’s number one priority. Guys have always been strictly secondary to the goal of spreading geekiness to every corner of Green Pines High School... and then the world.

But sophomore year heats up when Shelby is swept off her feet by the karaoke stylings of a guy named Fletcher. Then Becca and Amber fall for the same guy, which results in a cursed love triangle. (Or a doomed love rhombus, if you count Shelby and Fletcher.)

The going can get tough when Queen Geeks fall in love, but Shelby knows that being true to your inner geek is the most important thing. Then, plus peace, love, and chocolate.

Summary from back of the book.

I did enjoy Queen Geeks in Love more so than The Queen Geek Social Club, but I still found this novel wanting. I didn’t have a problem with the Queen Geek Club as much this time. Maybe because their projects seemed more realistic and also maybe because it wasn’t such a huge factor like in the first book.

Through the second novel I have come to loathe Shelby. Initially she got on my nerves, but this time she sent me over the top. I know being a teenager is hard and at times... okay most of the time it's very hard and confusing, but Shelby was just ridiculous. I know she likes Fletcher, but her character is in no way shape or form mature enough for a relationship. Gah! She drove me nuts. So nuts that Becca didn’t really bother me this time, although I won’t go to saying that I like her, because I really don’t. Thank goodness for Euphoria! I was hoping to be dazzled and I wasn’t. I will continue to read the series, third times a charm, right?