The Story is About   +  young adult

In Your Room

In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg

Release Date: October 16, 2008
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult, 12 and Up
Pages: 224

Molly’s mother is getting married again, and she is dreading having a new potential father. She’s even less thrilled to be joining the newly weds on their honeymoon.

Charlie was looking forward to his summer riding his bike in the mountains of Colorado discovering new trails to conquer. However, his two mothers have a different summer planned for the family and it’s nowhere near the snowy peaks.

Little do they know Molly and Charlie are in for the most memorable summer of their lives. Molly’s family will be heading to Colorado and Charlie’s family will be heading to L.A. it’s a house swap!

Getting to know the other person by staying in each others rooms is one thing, but these two end up finding out more about themselves in someone else’s room.

Let me just start out saying that I loved this book! It was fun, it was fast, it was cute! I’m a sucker for a good love story, what can I say?! Yes, it was a love story, but it wasn’t an over the top too cheesy even for me love story. It was balanced and possibly even believable. So, don’t let that turn you away!

We have Molly the fashion guru, timid, pretty, afraid to get her heart broken. Then there’s Charlie, the mountain bike maniac, genuine, hot, 100% guy. I don’t know if you could get much different, but somehow it works.

I love the fact that they literally fall in love with each other’s personalities, I mean it’s like match.com, but without the stupid questionnaire and compatibility test. Not that I’ve ever been to match.com, or even know that they have a questionnaire. I mean you’ve seen the commercials too, right? Anyway, it’s like they bring out the best in each other and they do it from thousands of miles away. Sucker for the romantics, I know!

Still, Charlie isn’t like some made up version of a guy from a Nicholas Sparks novel, he is flawed and the poor guy he screws up. I can’t say that I really blame him though, but that’s beside the point. The point is their relationship works, because they have this crazy thing that they do called communication! It also helps that they are actually attracted to each other too, I mean you do have to have some level of attraction, I don’t care what you say!

I can’t really pinpoint one thing that made me like the story so much, I think maybe it was a combination of the characters and just the whole premise of the novel itself, but I just picked it up and I just had to know... are these two ever going to get together!

And believe me, you’ll want to know too!

My only complaint... I want more!