The Story is About   +  young adult

Lord of Misrule by Rache Caine

Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine

Release Date: January 6, 2009
Publisher: NAL Jam/Penguin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 231
Other Titles in the Series: Glass Houses, The Dead Girls Dance, Midnight Alley and Feast of Fools.

In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.

This series is absolutely incredible! I wish I had not waited so long to read it. I have had the first four books sitting on my bookshelf for what seems like forever and then when I received this copy for review it finally gave me the incentive I needed to start them. I have not written reviews for the other novels as of yet, but I hope to do it sometime.

Although these novels could easily be categorized as vampire novels, there is just so much more going on, it’s easy to see why these books stand out among the other books in the same genre. And Rachel Caine is one hell of a story teller, I mean wow. I really never know what she is going to do next. I do have to admit out of the five novels so far, the fourth book Feast of Fools was my favorite, but Lord of Misrule definitely had its perks.

The story line is gripping and the characters are impressive. While I thought the writing itself was only mediocre. The story itself far outweighs my particulars with the writing. The cliffhanger endings really kill me, and this one has got to be the worst of them all. I need some kind of closure! I’ll be eagerly awaiting the release of Carpe Corpus in June.