The Story is About   +  TIME

Blog Radio Wrap Up

In case you missed the chat tonight on BlogTalk Radio, you can listen to it here:

At the RadioShow Page
An MP3 File

I giggled a lot.. I repeated myself a lot of first, because I was still very nervous! I had no clue how to answer any of the questions! They were hard! It's a 45 min. show, so in case you don't have time to listen to the whole thing, I'll do a little recap here.

  • Well there was an introduction! ha!
  • We talked about how books can help with things like: self esteem for example
  • That I was an "invisible" person in high school, I related to The Opposite of Invisible by Liz Gallagher.
  • I showed up for my first swim practice in a two piece.
  • Books are an escape!
  • Xander is my Rotten-weiler. Everyone loves him, especially Cat.
  • I've gotten to meet other bloggers. I mentioned Chelsea of the Page Flipper and Lauren of Shooting Stars Mag. I'm amazed that you can have real friendships that develop online!
  • Why I like reading YA: relate to the characters and Fantastic Writers! They are the complete package!
  • Vlogs
  • That I can't help buying books! Even if I already have them.
  • My Favorite books from this year: well the ones I remembered to mention: Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert, Willow by Julia Hoban, and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
  • The YA Connection, that is in retirement at the moment.
  • The genre that I wish I could read more of: fantasy! Diana Peterfreund author of Rampant asked this one!
  • Cindy of Cindy's Love of Books stopped by
  • Cindy asked what was the one thing about blogging that surprised me the most? That authors are accessible! You can talk to them and everything, that's just crazy!
  • Cindy's favorite book she mention was Willow by Julia Hoban. Lots of Willow talk.
  • We couldn't pick a favorite author!
  • Also, thanks to Adele of Persnickety Snark, I remembered I loved Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols.
  • Book Blogger Appreciation Week, started by My Friend Amy. And my 10 nominations!
  • Vania of Reverie Book Reviews stopped by.
  • V asked what's one of the hardest thing about bloggin? My reviews! I stink at writing them!
  • Steph of Steph Su Reads asked what books I read and loved as a teen? I read James Patterson and Micheal Crichton, loved the Jurassic Park books. I didn't read teen books, there weren't really any. Loved Goosebumps and Babysitters Club when I was younger.
  • Talked about the fact that you can read YA at any age, and the recent negative email and comments that were made on the blog.
  • Diana from The Book Resort called in.
  • Diana asked where do I see YA trending? We need a new "vampire" I'm predicting unicorns, zombies, faeries and angels!
  • Khy from Frenetic Reader stopped by too!
  • Khy asked what books have gotten overlooked? I mentioned The Dairy Queen series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.
  • Team Unicorn!
  • Plus a few other things that I might have mentioned!
It was a lot of fun! And THANK YOU to everyone who called in and chatted and listened! I really appreciate it!