The Story is About   +  TIME

My Kindle

I won my Kindle

from Gena Showlater, it was a 'spread the word' contest for her recent YA release Unraveled

. I had been thinking about purchasing a Nook or a Kindle myself, so I was ecstatic when I won!

Ecstatic yet skeptical.

I never thought I would be one of those people. You know... a person that crosses over to the dark-side.

I'm not going to stop buying books anytime soon, I can tell you that much. I love the way books smell, the beautiful covers, I like turning the pages and feeling the book in my hands... but I am loving my Kindle.

I'm especially enjoy using it in correlation with Netgalley! I pick the galley I want, the pub accepts my request and the next thing I know, it there waiting to be read on my Kindle. Now the transfer to the Kindle isn't perfect... some of the formatting can be strange, but it's usually an extra space here or there, nothing that would keep you from fully enjoying the story.

There are also free books that you can get for your Kindle... (I actually haven't even purchased a book yet...)

The other day I got:

Remedial Magic

by Jenna Black
Wish

by Alexandra Bullen
Reaper

by Rachel Vincent
The Wild's Call

by Jeri Smith-Ready

All for free! Granted most of those are prequels... short novellas, but still! You can't go wrong with free!

I'm still discovering things about my Kindle and how to use it. Something I recommend is turning off the wireless option unless you are using it, it saves your battery life! I also bought the green leather case with the light, it was a little on the pricey side, for my tastes, but I'm really glad that I spent the money to purchase it. I use it when reading in bed, that little light is BRIGHT!

There is also a 'lending' option with Kindle books now too, that allows you to share a novel with another Kindle user for 14 days! And I also like as a Kindle user having the option to download the first chapter of a book before I purchase the whole thing!

Are you a Kindle owner? What do you think about your Kindle? Do you have any tips or tricks to share with a new Kindle user?