The Story is About   +  The Nine Paths

The Nine Paths Game / The Nine Lives of Chloe King!

I know I usually talk about books on here... but I'm going to talk a little bit about tv shows today! And one I am particularly excited for this summer.

Have you heard about The Nine Lives of Chloe King? You might actually recognize the actress that will be playing Chloe King, Skyler Samuels. She played a succubus in the summer series The Gates!!

For those of you that haven't, it's a new show this summer on ABC Family! After I saw the preview promo on tv, I knew it was a show that I would be watching this summer... cute boys, kick ass girl, supernatural element... sounds like a guilty pleasure for me! (I mean, I need something to watch while I wait for Vampire Diaries to come back.) And I can't fail to mention, I am super excited for another show that is coming back on June 14... PRETTY LITTLE LIARS!! WOOHOO!! So watch Pretty Little Liars and then stay tuned afterward for the premiere of The Nine Lives of Chloe King! I know that's what I'll be doing.

I always already pumped about watching the show, so you can only imagine my excitement when I received an invitation to participate in the The Nine Paths game, to promote the upcoming premiere of The Nine Lives of Chloe King. Whoever comes up with these things, is pure genius! I participated in the Pretty Little Liars: Secret Keepers game last year and LOVED every minute of it! And I have to admit that even though this is a "promo" type post, I am genuinely EXCITED for this show and this game!

Let's talk a little bit more about the game, shall we?

I received a package in the mail on Tuesday. If you are a reader of this blog, you know that I was attending BEA in NYC that day, so I was not here to dive into it, but I did when I got home, and this is what I found:

Neat right! (Yes that is a real iPad 2... I think I did die when I saw that.)

My first path required me to find the meaning of a word.

I had to fold a birth certificate to reveal a clue, which read: "Smila Ukraine Find This on MaiMap now." I used my iPad to access the MaiMap and found Smila, Ukraine on the map, which lead me to a clue. I needed to find the meaning of Smila and email the answer to the Mai to complete the first path. Which I did! Smila means "Brave Girl." Wasn't that FUN!

To complete the second path I had to answer a series of questions about an image.

This image on the left to be exact. Which, in case you didn't know (because I sure as heck didn't) is the Egyptian feline goddess, Bastet. I had to take a picture of the image with my iPad using "google goggles" (another thing I had not heard of) and it brought up a list of possibilities that the stature might be! This lead me to be able to answer the three questions. I think in turn had to use the three answers to those questions as a search for a video on YouTube, which I did and watched!

I can tell you that I am already having a blast doing this! And I can't wait to go down the next path!

AND GUESS WHAT?!?!

You READERS can play the game too! Sign up to play the game! And along the way win some awesome prizes!!

Up for grabs right now is the Circle Charm! When you visit the site, be sure to enter the code: Circle

You can also follow the show on Facebook and Twitter!

And don't forget to check out The Nine Lives of Chloe King on ABC family June 14th!!

The Nine Paths to Chloe King Free Gift offer (“Offer”) is valid from 5/24/11 at 8:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") to 6/14/11 at 11:59:59 PM PDT or until supplies last, whichever is sooner. Offer open to residents of 50 US & DC, 13 & older who follow a participating blogger in The Nine Paths to Chloe King Blogger/Journalist Program (“Blogger”) at time of redeeming free gift (“Free Gift”). Each 1 of 3 Free Gifts available is tied to a different code word which will be revealed by Blogger at 3 separate times (estimated to be 5/24/11, 6/6/11, and 6/13/11). To redeem a Free Gift (while supplies last), go to ahttp://abcfamily.go.com/shows/nine-lives-chloe-king/nine-paths & enter code. Expect Free Gift within 8–10 weeks from 6/14/11. Limit: 1 Free Gift/person. Void where prohibited.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to persons who are, as of entry, 18 years of age or older, legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C. and who are bloggers or journalists specifically invited to participate by Sponsor. Starts May 24, 2011 once game boxes are received and ends on June 14, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM PDT. Void where prohibited. Click here for Official Rules Terms and Conditions and complete entry and prize details.